Hotmail Login : www.Hotmail.com is a web-based communication site which deals with email, contacts, tasks, and calendaring services from Microsoft. You must be wondering why we are talking about Outlook when the title clearly displays Hotmail.Those of you, who are aware of the history of email and contact sites, will know that Hotmail is the former name of the now famous site Outlook. When it was launched, Hotmail was actually one of the first of its kind of webmail services.It was founded in 1996 by Indian entrepreneur Sabeer Bhatia and his colleague Jack Smith in Mountain View, California, and headquartered in Sunnyvale.
As many of you will be aware that Hotmail was acquired by Microsoft in 1997 and launched as MSN Hotmail. Later it was rebranded to Windows Live Hotmail as part of the Windows Live suite of productsIn 2011, Microsoft released the final version of Hotmail which had reached a far and wide reach , evident by the use of Hotmail in over 30 different languages. In 2013 Hotmail was replaced by Outlook and the worldwide usage increased even further.By 2014, Outlook had 400 million active usersMuch changed when Hotmail turned into Outlook.
www.Hotmail.com Login Sign in : Create Hotmail.com Account
The Hotmail service had many upgrades and functions which the previous one (Hotmail) did not have. When Hotmail was released, the free accounts offered features such as spam filters and enhanced virus scanning and storage up to 250-MB. When Microsoft took over the company, Hotmail users were also provided with a schedule calendar and the capability to save contact lists in an address book. Users could choose to pay a subscription fee to upgrade their Hotmail account.
Hotmail Features :
Just like the other webmail services, Outlook.com uses Ajax programming techniques and supports later versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.
The keyboard controls give the ability to navigate around the page without using a mouse
Users have the ability to search the messages including structured query syntax such as “from:ebay”
It has message filters and consists of a folder-based organization of messages
It auto-completes contact addresses when composing or when contact grouping
Outlook has the feature of importing and exporting of contacts as CSV files
It comes with rich text formatting, rich text signatures as well
Spam filtering and viruses scanning are the basics which it does not fail to provide
Users can get support for multiple addresses
There are different language versions of the same service which make it easier to use for non-English natives.
Outlook Login : How to Sign in to Hotmail / Outlook ?
Let us see how to sign into an Outlook account.
- Go to the Outlook official webpage. On the home page you will find- log in or create an account options. If you already have an account you can click on log in and enter your details but if you don’t have an account then you click on sign up.
- Here fill out your personal information on the page such as name, age, gender and don’t forget to create a password. The password should have at least 8 characters if you want a good level of security and if you want to increase your security add numbers as well.
- You must take some precaution and take time to fill out contact information in case you lose or forget your password. If such a scenario arises, you can fill in your phone number so that you can change your password to a new one or you can also select a security question.
- You will need to prove that you are not a robot by filling out one of the Captcha numbers before you move to the next step.
Although there are many advantages of using Outlook, there are some disadvantages too such as–
Even though users are able to block others from contacting them, however, there is no control over who adds you. Also it is not possible to forward e-mail from Hotmail to your off-line account
Hotmail Login : Sign in to your Hotmail Account
- Go to your web browser and search out for ‘Outlook’ or ‘Hotmail’ to find your way to the Hotmail login page. In the first field box on the upper right side of the Hotmail sign in page enter your Email or Phone. Enter your password in the second box, which is the “Password” field
- If you want to save time on your next visit to the Hotmail inbox check the “Keep me signed in” box. Finally, click on the button visible on the bottom page which reads “Sign in”, and you will be automatically taken your inbox where you can check and write emails to send to anyone you want.
Sometimes you may come across your Outlook / Hotmail giving you some problems while using it. To avoid such problems there are a few things you can do.
- Double check if you entered your username or password correctly. Keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive, so make sure that you’re not typing your sign in credentials incorrectly due to a caps lock error or typos.
- If you are entering your info properly , but still cannot access the account, go to the login page and click on the “Can’t access your account?” link. Here you need to select why you think you couldn’t access your account. Click on ‘Next’ ,enter your email here, enter captcha code and proceed. Select how you want to receive your Outlook password recovery information, copy the code sent to your recovery option, now repeat the previous instructions but instead click on the “I Have a Code” link this time, enter the code when prompted.
With these guidelines, you can explore the wide range of services by Outlook just like the rest of the world.